Alaska Airlines and American Airlines Partnership Changes
Alaska has grown a lot recently, by acquiring Virgin America, expanding to 118 cities, and growing our global partner network. With growth comes change, and starting January 1, 2018, Alaska and American Airlines will be making important updates to our partnership, though a lot will remain the same.
What’s not changing:
- You’ll still earn miles on domestic American Airlines flights with an Alaska Airlines (AS) flight number, and on all American international flights.
- You’ll still be able to redeem miles on American flights globally.
- Alaska Lounge members can still access Admirals Club lounges when traveling on Alaska or American.
What is changing:
- American Airlines domestic flights with an “AA” flight number will no longer earn Mileage Plan miles.
- You’ll no longer receive elite benefits when traveling on American Airlines after December 31, 2017.
- Some award levels will be changing for travel booked in 2018.
More information on the Alaska Website.